[vdr] sanity check

I have recently been doing some research on what it would take to get a
'pvr' going.

I have satellite through bell express-vu (some information I found is
here: http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/expressvu.shtml )

It seems most channels seem to be encoded with something called
nagravision. Doing more search on the matter, I found a page with card
information:

http://www.hauppauge.com/

at the bottom of that it lists a conditional access module for
nagravision.

My basic question here is: what do I need to do to receive satellite on
this custom pc?
* as an additional note: the expressvu receiver unit came with a card
inside of it that can be removed from the front.

--
The other side of this is the hardware setup. Via has this nice board
they call a mini-itx board. It is approximately 170mm * 170mm. It

Tell me what you think of this.

--
Can the VDR software be made to work with regular analog cable?

Regards,
Jeffrey Drake

Home | Main Index | Thread Index