[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: vdr2divx 1.5.3 is out

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 08:55:30PM +0200, Matthias Biel wrote:

> The newer versions of mencoder require the specification of a libavcodec.
> I changed the line
>
> ENCOPT= $3

> ENCOPT="-lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4" $3
>
> An other question:
>
> mencoder does not seem to use the bitrate that was computed by the
> script. Instead it uses a much smaller bit rate.
> Did any one else observe this too ? I'll supply more detailed
> information on this later.

The bitrate is also a parameter of lavcopts

-lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1000

Read "man mencoder" there are other options too.

Another question (sorry its vdr off topic, but at the mplayer list I did not
get an answer): I want to use mplayer to play a 001.vdr using x11 and
 my soundcard. Mplayer cannot open the alsa driver (wrong parameter).
The sound itself works (e.g. aplay). Anybody here with a solution?

        Matthias

Home | Main Index | Thread Index