[vdr] Re: Announce: DVBVideoLAN

--------
Hi,
I played a little bit with your project but so far I couldn't stream
successfully from my vdr box to any one of the machines on my home network.
Things that work:
- I 'think' I have a multicast enabled kernel (stock Mandrake 2.4.8-26mdk) at
least if I issue an ifconfig eth0 I do see MULTICAST on the eth0 device
- I successfully applied your patch to a clean VDR 1.0.3
- I do have a route for the network  224.0.0.0 on my eth0 interface
- I can successfully run the windows client on one of my machines (win2k), but
I had to look around on the net for the file msvcrd70.dll as I couldn't run
the latest version of the executable with the dll that I downloaded from your
web server
- I installed the mpeg2 codecs from elecard, I can see a vdr recording in the
media player
- I can also see a vdr recording with mplayer in linux
- I can successfully start streaming from the vdr box, I can see packets
flowing through my home network with tcpdump

Things that don't work :(
- The windows client can't sync with the server stream, screen stays black and
I get errors in the client
dvbpl.log:
[Error] Could not build filtergraph Code 534 An Object or name was not found
dvbrtp.log:
Multicasting suported
Joined the multicastgroup 224.0.1.2
Error: Timeout waiting for data

(I can attach a full log if needed)

- Mplayer syncs with the stream (mplayer rtp://224.0.1.2:5002)
but soon after it exits saying taht it can't recognize the file format:

mplayer rtp://224.0.1.2:5002
MPlayer CVS-020609-06:00-2.96 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS!)
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon TB Thunderbird (Family: 6, Stepping: 4)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx
Reading /usr/local/share/mplayer/codecs.conf: 35 audio & 96 video codecs
Using Linux's hardware RTC timing (1024Hz)
Playing rtp://224.0.1.2:5002
Connected to server: 224.0.1.2
Stream not seekable!
Stream not seekable!
Stream not seekable!
Stream not seekable!
Stream not seekable!
============= Sorry, this file format not recognized/supported ===============
=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the author! ===

.. at this point I am stuck .... I can'tunderstand If I did something wrong at
the network level (multicasting is not working) or if I am doing something
really stupoid on the client side .....

Did anyone successfully test the streaming either with mplayer or with the
windows client ?
If yes, how did you configure multicasting on the machines ?

... I'll keeep trying and I'll let you know what happens ...

Ciao

Mattia

> I'm pleased to announce new versions of my DVBVideoLAN-project!
> I had no time to do further developments in the last few months. Thanks
> for your charitableness.
>
> http://pulp.mine.nu/dvbvideolan
>
> 02/06/19
> New versions of the Streaming-Patch for VDR version 1.0.3 by Klaus
> Schmidinger and DVBVideoLAN Player for Microsoft Windows released.
>
> dvbpl-020619 (Version 0.06)
>     - Choose from up to four different multicasts.
>     - Some bugfixes.
> vdr-1.0.3-dvbvl-0.4.patch
>     - Stream up to 4 different channels at the same time.
>     - Added an on screen menu for live-streaming.
>     - Many fixes and redesigns.
>
> If you find bugs or improvements in the patch, please mail me.
>
> Have fun with DVBVideoLAN.
>
> With best regards,
> Markus Winkler

Home | Main Index | Thread Index