[vdr] Re: Announce: DVBVideoLAN

Hi Mattia,

sorry, my answer took so long, but I just came home from baby-sitting in
the last three days :-)

Am Sam, 2002-06-22 um 12.32 schrieb Mattia Rossi:
> --------
> Hi,
> I played a little bit with your project but so far I couldn't stream
> successfully from my vdr box to any one of the machines on my home network.
> Things that work:
> - I 'think' I have a multicast enabled kernel (stock Mandrake 2.4.8-26mdk) at
> least if I issue an ifconfig eth0 I do see MULTICAST on the eth0 device
> - I successfully applied your patch to a clean VDR 1.0.3
> - I do have a route for the network  224.0.0.0 on my eth0 interface
If you have more than one eth-card you have to use the one connected to
your local interface. I write this just in case (about three or four ppl
made this mistake)
> - I can successfully run the windows client on one of my machines (win2k), but
> I had to look around on the net for the file msvcrd70.dll as I couldn't run
> the latest version of the executable with the dll that I downloaded from your
> web server
Damn, I'll check this.
> - I installed the mpeg2 codecs from elecard, I can see a vdr recording in the
> media player
> - I can also see a vdr recording with mplayer in linux
> - I can successfully start streaming from the vdr box, I can see packets
> flowing through my home network with tcpdump
>
> Things that don't work :(
> - The windows client can't sync with the server stream, screen stays black and
> I get errors in the client
> dvbpl.log:
> [Error] Could not build filtergraph Code 534 An Object or name was not found
> dvbrtp.log:
> Multicasting suported
> Joined the multicastgroup 224.0.1.2
> Error: Timeout waiting for data
Have you chosen the correct "channel"? Did you try all of the channels?
Which windows are you working with? If you have winxp, you should be
able to see some traffic if the player tries to sync (about 3-5% load
with a 100mbit lan). If not, there is no stream in the selected
multicast group.

> (I can attach a full log if needed)
>
> - Mplayer syncs with the stream (mplayer rtp://224.0.1.2:5002)
> but soon after it exits saying taht it can't recognize the file format:
>
> mplayer rtp://224.0.1.2:5002
> MPlayer CVS-020609-06:00-2.96 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS!)
> CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon TB Thunderbird (Family: 6, Stepping: 4)
> CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
> Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx
> Reading /usr/local/share/mplayer/codecs.conf: 35 audio & 96 video codecs
> Using Linux's hardware RTC timing (1024Hz)
> Playing rtp://224.0.1.2:5002
> Connected to server: 224.0.1.2
> Stream not seekable!
> Stream not seekable!
> Stream not seekable!
> Stream not seekable!
> Stream not seekable!
I didn't test very much with mplayer, but you should try to start
mplayer immediately after you started the streaming. In that case,
mplayer get's the stream from it's beginning and should work (at least
on my system). The same problem exists for my windows player. I solved
that by just restarting the rendering after a max. of 1 second (that's
why it's flickering in the title). I don't know a proper solution for
that behaviour yet).

Regards,

	Markus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index