[vdr] Re: Converting Files

Dieter Poesl wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i guess this will be a typical Newbie-Question, but I don't found the
> solution by my own:
>
> I've downloaded some AVI-, DIVX- and MPEG-Files from Internet. If i
> use mplayer in a X-Window or on framebuffer everything is ok. But if
> want to view the files on the TV (mpegpes) I get Error-Messages about
> resolutions, colorspace and something like that. How can I convert
> these files to a format which can be shown on TV?
>
> Is there any script to automate this think?
>
> Thanks
>
>   Dieter

Hi,
how do you start mplayer? Just commandline with -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes ?
Then you will need something like -vop fame,expand for non-mpeg 1/2 files to
transcode them to an mpeg format the dvb card can decode.
Maybe DOCS/DVB included with mplayer has some useful hints for you.

The easiest way is usually the AIO patch with mplayer support. It starts
mplayer with the right options.

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index