[vdr] Re: VideoLAN problems

> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I am using vdr-1.0.4 with AIO-22.06.
> >
> > --Snipp--
> >
> > > Then I set up my WinXP machine:
> > > Than I installed dvbpl-020619 and Elecard MPEG2 Video Decoder 2.0
beta.
> > > If I start dvbpl.exe and select "Start" from the menu I get this
error:
> > > FAILED(hr=0x80040154) in CoCreateInstance(CLSID_RTPAsync, NULL,
> > CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, IID_IBaseFilter, (void**)>&g_pRTPSource)
> >
> > Download the msvcr70.dll from here:
> > http://www.daimi.au.dk/~vedel/microsoft/ms-pub/VS.NET/win/system/
> >
> > Then run register.bat again.
>
> OK, now the program is working - a bit.
> I am able to select "Start" and the program starts syncing, but it
> never gets synchronized. It seems the program hangs if it wants to
> sync, bacause I can't shut down it in a normal way - I have to kill it.

Same thing here, after I installed the Moonlight player. Try to unregister
the Moonlight filters, with the installer and reregister the Elecard filters
and dvbrtp.ax. But after this you can not use MediaPlayer to play the
stream.

> > > If I start MediaPlayer and try to open the URL: rtp://224.0.1.2:5002
> > > I get the error that this is a unsupported protocol.
> > > (I am able to play *.vdr / *.pva files with MediaPlayer)
> >
> > If you want to use MediaPlayer, install Moonlight UDP Streaming player
> > http://www.moonlight.co.il/download/UDP.zip
> >
> > Open the URL: moonlight://224.0.1.2:5002/rtp
>
> OK, this is working also, but there is no sync between audio and
> video. The difference between the two streams is about 10 seconds!
> Any suggsetion what I could try to get it in sync?

I have perfect sync. Have you tried to stream from different TV channels?
From the FAQ:

Q: Which channels cause problems, which are know to work.

A; I didn't check all of them of course. The lower the bitrate the better.
MTV Europe, Viva
   are working very well, ARD, ZDF, Sat1, RTL are ok. Pro7 isn't working at
all, don't know
   why.

> > By the way, I didn't have to do anything on the VDR machine to get this
> > work,
> > except from starting the stream.
>
> On my machine it only works if I set up the route according next line:
> /sbin/route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev eth1

I see, you have more than one NIC in your computer?

-Jørgen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index