[vdr] Enable VFAT read always? (was: RE: Re: Recordings aren't shown in vdr)

Habib Azimi wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Ja, ich weiss wohl was VFAT und original unterscheidet. Mein englisch
> ist wohl so schlecht;), dass man im Vor-Vor Post nicht
> erkennen konnte,
> dass ich das weis. Nur die Frage ist, warum Klaus noch an der
> Originalform mit den : festhält, bzw. welchen Vorteil es sonst noch
> bietet?
> Sorry for the post in german.

1.
Not only the ":" is used in the time format but also the dir name of the
recording itself is encoded when using vfat=1
Special chars like !"§$%&/(=? are encoded.

2.
Why not enable reading of both dir formats in vdr at the same time?
and only write thos selected by VFAT=1 or not.
This would save som questions on this list.

Cu Ulrich

PS: I seem to have forgotten how to write english overnight....

Home | Main Index | Thread Index