[vdr] Messages from lircd

Hi!

looking through /var/log/messages I found lots oft lines like this:

lirc_serial: AIEEEE: your clock just jumped backwards

I never saw them before this often (every few seconds) but I noticed that
for the last few days that my remote control did not respond that good as
it used to. I have to press the buttons a few times before getting response.
I replaced my old ir receiver by a new one with longer serial cable shortly
before, so perhaps this could be a problem of a cable which is too long

Any hints?

Ciao,
         Mario Dilleni

mad@whiskytrinker.de