[vdr] Re: Re : VDR files to vob

On Sunday 14 July 2002 17:48, Andreas Schultz wrote:
> Hi all,
> On Sunday 14 July 2002 17:10, Rene Bartsch wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > A/V-PES is a proprietary format of the DVB-cards. So they can easily
> > replay ... Other players simply don't understand that proprietary
> > PES-format, as it usually isn't used in any applications.
>
> I'm getting trhe feelig that none of us really know's what he is talking
> about. Me too ...

And i was right, i didn't know what i'm talking about .....

vdr uses PES
dvd's use PS

PS contains more information, but none that helps with A/V sync. It does
contain the SCR, but the SCR can only be used to synchronise encoder and
decoder reference clocks.

[...]

Andreas
--
Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de>
Student of computer science

"In accordance with plans for Linux OS world domination
      infiltration of governments is vital (:-))."

Home | Main Index | Thread Index