[vdr] Re: DXR3 support patch for vdr-1.1.5

On Wednesday 24 July 2002 10:13, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Helmut Auer wrote:
> > Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

[...]

> Why in the world should the various parts of VDR use different keys for,
> e.g., "menu up" or "menu down"? "Menu up" is "menu up" is "menu up"! If one
> part uses the "Up" key while another uses, say, the "Yellow" key for this
> function, this makes absolutely no sense. It only helps in confusing users.

I have to agree to this, however .....

[...]

> VDR is designed to work with a very limited number of remote control keys.
> Even if a specific RC has a lot more keys, it should still be possible to
> use VDR with only the originally defined keys. That way if you get to

We should very carefull define what a _minimal_ remote will have. The current
definition is IMHO a bit confusion.

What i think a _minimal_ remote should have (including possible double
meanings) is:

Required:
- number keys 0 - 9
- Play / Ok / Enter
    - Play in live TV mode could go directly to a selection of playable media
- Stop / Cancel
    - Stop in live TV mode should Eject CD/DVD or bring up a Menu
      to select which medium should be ejected)
- Record (instant record, replace Menu/Red)
- fast forward / cursor right
- fast rewind  / cursor left
- channel Up   / cursor up
- channel Down / cursor down

Optional (but highly recommended):
- Skip forward
- Skip backward
- Jump

Optinal:
- color keys

[...]

> If we start "configuring things to death" at this very central and
> important point, we will IMHO only create a constant source of user
> irritation.

I do like to "configure things to death" ;-)

Andreas
--
Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de>
Student of computer science

"In accordance with plans for Linux OS world domination
      infiltration of governments is vital (:-))."

Home | Main Index | Thread Index