[vdr] AW: DVD and MPEG Audio

NO, i.e. SpruceUp handles AC3 audio, just name your ac3 file in the same was as your mpv file and inmort it (test.mpv and test.ac3)

> space, you have to
> use mpeg audio, as PCM is totally uncompressed. I suspect
> this to be the
> problem.
> According to DVD specifications there must be at least one
> PCM or AC3 track,
> but most stand-alone players don't complain if you present
> them only mpeg
> audio.
realy, i´ve never heard that before (but also not read the specs, so it could be true)
i will try my english starwars dvd´s (recorded with vdr and authored with spruceup, mpeg audio) with the dvd playback of vdr (usualy i use my yammi780 for dvd´s)

> Over the weekend I had access to the Scenarist software and I
> tried again,
> this time converting audio to AC3. Bingo, the DVD works
> perfectly with vdr!
> But who has 16.900,-- Dollars to spend for a piece of badly designed
> software?
> So, am I right? And can it be fixed easily?
there are programms that convert ac3 to mpeg-audio, it should be possible to convert a stereo-mpeg-audio to ac3 2.0

Home | Main Index | Thread Index