[vdr] Re: Announce dvdbackup and a new version of the DVD-Video burning Howto

On Monday 29 July 2002 09:43, Olaf Beck wrote:
> Hello Folks
>
> dvdbackup version 0.1 a fully functional dvdbackup program.

Olaf,

I've been following your DVD authoring work on various mailing lists - you
seem to be making good progress on the second half of the problem (burning
authored DVD files to DVD).

Do you know of any projects which are working on the first half of the
problem - i.e. the creation of IFO and VOB files?  Are there any active
mailing lists devoted to the development of Linux DVD authoring software?

The interest on this list (VDR) would be to take DVB recordings which contain
(I think) DVD-compliant MPEG-2 video and MPEG-1 layer 2 audio (and sometimes
AC3) and backing them up to DVD.

Best wishes,

Dave.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index