[vdr] Re: xvid+vdr

Am Dienstag, 30. Juli 2002 21:50 schrieben Sie:
> No, I don't think this is a stupid question at all :-)
>
> Some time ago I have similar thoughts about sending RGB or YUV data to the
> card instead of an MPEG stream, so I've done some investigation.
>
> The full-featured DVB-s card use the TMS320AV7110 from Texas Instruments
> for it's (analog) video output. This chip was designed to be the main
> controller in a digital set top box with integrated ARM processor and a lot
> more stuff additionally to the video out module.
>
> After a (not too close) look into the datasheed, it seems to me that the
> MPEG decoder and the video DA-converter parts are tighly connected by the
> chip's hardware. There seems to be no easy way to route a RGB data stream
> directly to the DA-converter - especially not with the current firmware
> (which is 'closed source').
>
> Maybe with the upcoming plugin interface we'll be able to use one of those
> matrox G500 cards (I've heared about good linux support for this one) as an
> output device for VDR. Of course, we had to do the MPEG deconding stuff in
> software then...
>

> Christian

Maybe there is a way to get a "loop trough" the video out with additional
hardware ? Most of all the price of a m400 is very high I think, the second
is this cards aren't in selling any more ... and they are the best
linux-suported matrox cards out there. And since noone who has a matrox would
give it away there is a big problem.
To say it nonironic. I was in several stores to buy such a card, but there are
only G450 and Parhelias in every store I was.  The G450 drivers IMHO haven't
such good drivers.
Some prices taken from alternate:
marvel g450 254 EUR
I didn't know if there are already drivers for G550 or Parhelia (449 EUR).
Maybe a not full featured Card will allow direct yuv or rgb troughput in any
way ? Otherwise it is cheaper for me to use a bigger CPU for my vdr .
For over 200 EUR I will get a P4 1,8 or a big athlon XP and have no problems
than ( just the noise ;o) )

Greets

Steffen

Computer are like air conditioners: They stop working properly if you open
windows!
-------------------             http://ixi.thepenguin.de