[vdr] Re: How to send second audio pid to sound card?

On Friday 02 August 2002 08:07, jj ll wrote:
> I'm new in this, and I would like to know if it's possible to send the
> second audio pid stream to sound card, for hear this second audio
> by headphones, at the same time the first audio is playing at TV (dvb
> card).
> Thanks.

Assuming the second audio is MPEG audio - you can try the following command
whilst VDR is playing the video and first audio over the DVB card:

pesdump APID2 | pes2aud_es | mpg123 -

Where pesdump is available from http://www.linuxstb.org and pes2aud_es is
from the DVB driver.

If you have problems, then you should remove APID2 from your channels.conf -
to make sure that VDR isn't doing anything with that stream.

I'ld be interested to know if this works.

Dave.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index