[vdr] Re: MP3-Patch Bugs

On 03 Aug 2002 Matthias Raus <matthias-raus@web.de> wrote:

>> > 3.) When MPlayer has been running directly before playing a
>> > song, VDR crashes.
>> > 4.) Sometimes VDR crashes while I browse the mp3 directory.
>>
>> Could you please try to provide a stack backtrace for the
>> crashes?
>
> Unfortunately, I do not know enough about Linux to do a stack backtrace or s.th. like that.

Before starting VDR you must enable generation of core file with
"ulimit -c unlimetd". When VDR crashes a core file is generated
in the current directory. Use the GNU Debugger to inspect this
file: "gdb vdr <core-file>"

Inside gdb use the "bt" command to see the stack backtrace.

> Another suggestion: When I heard mp3s with a few friends on a
>recent evening, I noticed that it is quite disturbing that you
>always have to enter the mp3 menu anew. I would enjoy an option
>which keeps the directory browser opened (i.e. does not close
>it) after selecting a song. What do you think of that?

Well, I was thinking about a juke-box mode. In this mode newly
selected songs would be added to the end of the playlist and
already played songs would be removed. May be it could be handy
for this mode to keep the browser open all the time.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index