[vdr] Re: MP3-Patch Bugs

Am Samstag, 3. August 2002 18:26 schrieben Sie:
> vdr@linuxtv.org schrieb am 03.08.02 18:18:30:

> > > Unfortunately, I do not know enough about Linux to do a stack backtrace
> > > or s.th. like that.
> >
> > Before starting VDR you must enable generation of core file with
> > "ulimit -c unlimetd". When VDR crashes a core file is generated
> > in the current directory. Use the GNU Debugger to inspect this
> > file: "gdb vdr <core-file>"
> >
> > Inside gdb use the "bt" command to see the stack backtrace.
> >
> > > Another suggestion: When I heard mp3s with a few friends on a
> > >recent evening, I noticed that it is quite disturbing that you
> > >always have to enter the mp3 menu anew. I would enjoy an option
> > >which keeps the directory browser opened (i.e. does not close
> > >it) after selecting a song. What do you think of that?
> >
> > Well, I was thinking about a juke-box mode. In this mode newly
> > selected songs would be added to the end of the playlist and
> > already played songs would be removed. May be it could be handy
> > for this mode to keep the browser open all the time.
> >
> > --
> > Stefan Huelswitt
> > huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan
>
> This is exactly what I and perhaps many other users are dreaming of, would
> be great...!

Yes this would be quite nice. Maybe in my case I configured vdr wrong, but I
can't see the title an duration and so on while playin mp3, I only have a
black screen. In this Jukebox mode it would be quite nice to be able to take
a background-Pic maybe changin when changin the title (maybe depend on the
filename to seek the right pic. Too it would be nice to hav a splittet screen
where I see in the lower part of the screen the id3-info and duration and so
on and above there is the filebrowser. Yes I'm dreamin a littlebit on what is
nice to have ;o).
If you didn't understand what I mean I can in case of interest explain it a
littlebit more. right now I'm littlebit to damaged to write english.

Greets

Steffen

Computer are like air conditioners: They stop working properly if you open
windows!
-------------------             http://ixi.thepenguin.de