[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.1.6

On 04 Aug 2002 Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:

> I believe that a generic solution that does not involve exposing device fd's
> to player classes would be best to solve 2 and 3.

There is another problem with an abstract device implementation:
the playback setup of a device may be player dependent.

e.g. PCM replay (MP3) needs to setup the dvb device differently as for
playback of recordings. And returning to normal mode needs other
ioctl's too.

Either the player must have knowledge about the device (and have
the posibility to access the device ioctl's directly) or the
device must have callbacks to put the device into various modes
(may be to unflexible for exotic players).

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index