[vdr] Nova Dropouts for 3 days (related with astra problems?)

Hello,

I have annoying little disturbances in recordings done with my nova
card. I am out of ideas how to solve this now.
The full featured card works ok, even parallel to nova recording (this
excludes dma or other HD Problems?!)

Last time nova worked well was quite some time ago. Then I removed it
because I needed the pci slot.
Recently  my old vdr machine gave up :-(, but I alredy bought most of
the parts for a new one which I now set up:
P4 2,26GHz, 845G, 1 old dvb-s, 1 nova-s both hauppauge. Updated to
vdr-1.0.4-aio020717.
Both cards and some others were assigned to IRQ11. May this be a problem?

At first I had heavy distortions even when viewing live with dvb-s. Most
problems with sat1, pro7 and kable.
By adjusting the dish this could be improved slightly.
Breakthrough was to move the DECT station away (did shut down completely
for testing). No more problems with dvb-s now, live and recording ok!

But the problems with nova remains. Any ideas?

Or is this maybe a problem on the sattalite side?
These thins turned up 3 days ago. Now about half an hour ago, I lost
exactly those stations sat1, pro7 and kable completly even on dvb-s. But
at the same time it was gone in anolog cable too.
Signals seem to be comming and going
(just saw the reports in the mailinglist)

Michael

Home | Main Index | Thread Index