[vdr] Nova-s problems

Hello,

my last mail for this problem was very badly timed (while there were
severe sat problems for a lot of you). But my problem is still there :-(

I have annoying disturbances in recordings done with my nova
card. I am out of ideas how to solve this now.

Any ideas welcome!

System:
1 dvb-s, 1 nova-s card, 1 analog winTV (not in use), all Hauppauge
LNB with 4 outputs, 60cm dish
vdr 1.0.4, AIO 17.7.02
P4 2,26GHz, 845G Chipset, Kernel 2.4.19-rc3-ac3 (for 845G support)

Facts:
- Live viewing and recording with dvb-s works perfect!
   -> Sat signal seems to be ok and strong
- Recordings done with nova have dropouts.
   All channels are affected, but some transponders (eg. pro7) suffer
   more. There are "good times" and "bad times"?!
- No difference after unplugging power of DECT and audio transmitters.
- No difference after swapping the sat cables
- When recording with both cards simultaniously still the same:
   dvb-s recording ok, nova recording bad.
   -> HD-Speed, DMA... seems not to be the problem
   Low processor load, no problem here.
- Usually nothing in logfile, sometimes the "can't record Mpg1" error
- No difference with strong cooling or heating with hair dryer.
- Both dvb card got IRQ 11, together with other cards.
   I didn't manage to change this with bios (linux seems to ignore?!)
   After changing the pci slot nova has irq5 and is dvb device 0.
   Problem still there.

Any help appreciated!

Until the problem is solved: Is there a way to set dvb-s (the primary
card) as default for recordings - without disabling the other card
completely?

Michael

Home | Main Index | Thread Index