[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.1.6

On 05 Aug 2002 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

>> The simplest solution would be to allow PlayVideo() to block. Is that
>> acceptable? (IMHO it is not)
>
> See above. PlayVideo() doesn't have to return "immediately", but it must
> be fast enough to allow the player to keep up with reading the data.

I think PlayVideo() should return nearly "immediately"
(non-blocking) as the player task may need much more CPU
power/time do process the read data (e.g. decode MP3,DIVX etc).
If PlayVideo() would block, the player may need the old
two-thread approach to keep up with the data rate.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index