[vdr] Re: mp3 OSD

On 05 Aug 2002 Steffen Barszus <st_barszus@gmx.de> wrote:

> I use a vdr 1.0.4 with mp3/mplayer-patch. If I play mp3 just for some seconds
> I can see the id3-infos and the progress-bar of the mp3-player. after that
> the OSD of the mp3-player switch off and I have a black screen(since I'm
> missing at the moment a digital lnb, but for mp3 and divx it is nice for the
> moment ;o) ). My question was, if it is normal behavior or have I
> configured/compiled something wrong.

You don't feed a signal to the DVB card? This may be the cause.
Try to set the BackgroundMode to Black in the setup menu.

> Another thing I fight with is the mplayer.sh script. The default one dont seem
> to be very usefull. I don't have understood the whole mplayer-DVB-out stuff,
> mostly have problems with correct aspect-ratio (the
> scale/expand/dvbscale-stuff and how they depend on each other)

Yes, the example script isn't good. This is because I cannot use
MPlayer myself as my CPU is too slow. I know that there is a more
sophisticated version out on the net, but I lost the link.

Try http://home.t-online.de/home/hubertus.sandmann/

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan