[vdr] Re: AW: Perhaps you lost my message...

-----Original Message-----
From: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org] On Behalf
Of Karsten Müller

>Why would you want to do that ? Is it because you want to
>use the secure shell for more >than one task (i.e. controlling the VDR)
?

Exactly :)

>You could also start vdr in normal mode using the "screen" command to
accomplish that.
>(man screen)

I have a startup script to run VDR in daemon mode so that I can program
it when I am at work, but when I arrive home, I would like to use it
normally (using my keyboard) without restarting it.
Moreover in a couple of days I will receive an infrared keyboard to
attach to my VDR so I would like to do everything without a monitor.
I switch my VDR on, vdr is loaded as a daemon and I can control it
sitting on my bed :)
Any other better idea to control it (even starting it) using a keyboard
local or remote WITHOUT attaching any monitor?

Thx

Luca

--
Prendi GRATIS l'email universale che... risparmia: http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor:
Paura delle Eurobanconote false? Clicca qui
Clicca qui: http://adv2.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=374&d=6-8

Home | Main Index | Thread Index