[vdr] record more than one channel

Greetings,

I heard that the some current dvb cards are capeable of recording more
than one channel at the same time. As I understood it, there is just one
big data stream and the card sorts out the area which is needed for the
recording - and they can do it simultaneously at more than one channel
(or realize timeshift).

Is this correct? Are the common dvb-s and budget cards of recordings more
than one stream? Does this depends on the linux driver or the firmware?
Or maybe coming cards? Will this feature ever be a part of VDR?

c'ya
WEB.DE MyPage - Ohne Computerkenntnisse in nur 5 Minuten online! Alles
inklusive! Kinderleicht!  http://www.das.ist.aber.ne.lustige.sache.ms/

Home | Main Index | Thread Index