[vdr] Re: Is a Network fast enough ?

Hello Axel,

I am running vdr 1.0.4 with a NFS (UDP) network. It seems fast enough for at
least 2 vdr sessions. But be careful, recording to a NFS drive may result in
lost frames and loss of sync (video/audio). It 's a good idea to do
recording to a local harddisk an copy files to server after recording.
Replay is not so critical, even if there are 2 replay sessions.
One of my vdrs is running with an AMD Duron 1GHz without any problems. Other
vdr is running with an old Intel P3/600 (Katmai). If you think about DivX;-)
recording, forget it ! Even fastest Intel P4 with fastest Rambus is to slow
for DivX recording.

regards
Christian

Axel Gruber writes:

> if the Network ist fast enough to do 3 Recordings and 1 Reply at the same time.
> Does anyone have a  configuration like this,  wich works well ?
> Does anyone use a AMD for his VDR ? i think about to use a 1,x Duron for this new VDR system - or shuld
> i use a Intel again ?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index