[vdr] Re: DVD on USB 2

Hi,

On Wednesday 07 August 2002 08:02, Tilo Renkl wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> today I bought an external USB 2.0 case for my DVD drive. First time I
> thought it works
> flawless, but when I tried to play a DVD video I get an errormessage like
> this:
>
> libdvdcss error: css error: ioctl_ReadCopyright failed, make sure DVD
> ioctls were compiled in ...

interessting ...

> Anyone here who can give me a hint ?

can you give some more hints on what kernel modules are used for this?
I had a quick through the kernel source, and i appears as if native USB
storage devices run SCSI over USB, with that it shouldn't be a problem.
Freecom and others external USB-to-IDE cases use some other protocol. I have
not yet found out, how they will handle the CD and DVD ioctls.

> Btw. "normal" reading of CDs and DVDs works perfect ! And I do not know if
> it plays any role,
>         but I am running kernel 2.4.19.

2.4.19 is IMHO the first released kernel with USB 2.0, so you can't downgrade!

Andreas

--
Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de>
Student of computer science

"In accordance with plans for Linux OS world domination
      infiltration of governments is vital (:-))."

Home | Main Index | Thread Index