[vdr] Re: Ready: IR Controller with remote power on

Am 08.08.2002 22:17 schrieb Jens Groth:

> As far as I understand the IR Controller from Thomas, there should be a
> spare output for switching some kind of relais. Is this right?

Just today I have added an RGB switch for selecting the DVB RGB outputs
or the VGA RGB outputs. For testing, this is just made by using 4 reed
relays (RGB plus sync), but I probably will setup something with a MAXIM
RGB multiplexer chip.

Now I can toggle between the normal DVB output and a LINUX text console
(timings of the VGA graphics adjusted with SVGAText) by just pressing a
key on my remote.

You can, of course, use this output for switching anything else. There
are even 3 more i/o pins left (reserved for ICSP, but if they are
isolated by a 10k resistor to a driver or whatever, this would be OK).
The second (ICSP) 10pin-connector on the PCB carries all these i/o pins,
so a flat ribbon cable can be used to connect the IR Controller with an
extension board.

Using 2 or 3 of the i/os, even 4 resp. 8 switches could be set up by a
simple binary decoder. Or anything else by using a serial protocol ...

The code changes for my DVB/VGA swich are very simple. I will upload
this version tomorrow. In this simple version the key assignment must be
hard coded before flashing the PIC.

I use a special lircd.conf containing all possible RC5 codes, and with
LIRC's irw you can find out the code (address and command) of the
desired remote key.

Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index