[vdr] Re: Ready: IR Controller with remote power on

Hello,

I just had a quick look at the schematics and the PIC source.
Looks great!

I also thought of some way to solve the remote power on via IR.
During my research I found a circuit module from ELV (see
http://www.elv.de,
number 20-280-42). This is a module with 16 open collector outputs
which could be activated by any RC5 code.

My vdr installation is based in the living room and also connected to
my audio receiver (mp3 playback). I will install a second pair of
speakers
in my bedroom. Unfortunatly it is not possible to switch from speaker
pair
A to B. Even highend receivers do not have this feature. So I was going
use one output of the ELV module to do the switching.

As far as I understand the IR Controller from Thomas, there should be a
spare output for switching some kind of relais. Is this right?
Currently I am using UIR for IR decoding. It works perfect.

CU

Jens

Home | Main Index | Thread Index