[vdr] Re: Ready: IR Controller with remote power on

Am Donnerstag, 1. August 2002 20:02 schrieben Sie:
> Hi list,

Wow, this definitely looks promising, and seems to be a great piece of
work, but I see 2 Problems right now.
I do have a little idea on how to improve it. You might load one of those
gold caps to power the reciever. That way you don't have to use expensive
and power-hungry ATX power supplies.

Problems I currently see:
1. It's SMD, that's hard to build at home, unless you are experienced.
2. It seems to be really complex, I mean the PIC is a complete computer in
a chip. I personally don't like the philosophy of using more and more
deciated processors. I'm personally more a fan of using the CPUs already
found in a normal computer.

Well I'd have some additional ideas which might be interresting:

Channel number-display via graphics card:
  set your graphics card to the TV line frequencies and connect a little
monitor to it (used video camera viewfinder will do)

Voice control:
  There is cVoicecontrol which worked rather well, last time I tried
http://www.kiecza.de/daniel/linux/ You could send commands to VDR :)

Own remote.
  Building a remote, especially for VDR. I've actually done something
simmilar, but that was cheating. I just took an old numeric keyboard and
the electronics of a remote and connected both. Maybe eliminating all the
design errors of commercial keyboards like crappy keys without
microswitches which wear off after only a few years.

Anyhow, this IR controller really looks interresting.

Servus
  Casandro

--
My e-mail is in danger of beeing changed.
So please check http://casandro.dyndns.org/

Home | Main Index | Thread Index