[vdr] Re: Ready: IR Controller with remote power on

Thomas Breuer wrote:
> Hi list,

[...]

> Here is a description of the main features:

[...]

Wow, this looks pretty impressive. A few questions rise to
my mind:

how much is it ?

will there be a "kit for dummies", i.e. layout, components, maybe
even a complete package one can buy ?

> BTW, to Karsten Mueller: I have exactly the same problem with the
> 'Pause' key in MPlayer as you described in the MPlayer Users List :-(

I tell you what, it's working now... I absolutely have no idea why, but
it's working now... I fiddled around with the config files, restarted
lirc, mplayer, vdr even the whole computer and after a while *bang,
boom, bang* it's working... I think I'll never touch it again ;)

If you're interested, I would send you my lircrc and stuff in PM.

> It used to work when I installed MPlayer 0.90pre3 the first time. After
> updating to 0.90pre5 it failed, and now I can't get it to work again.
> Did you also notice that sometimes the > symbol of the MPlayer OSD turns
> into the || symbol for a split of a second when you press pause? Without
> LIRC, 'Pause' works just fine via the keyboard.

Yep, that's *exactly* the way how my mplayer used to behave...
...used to ;)

--
with best regards
---