[vdr] Re: Ready: IR Controller with remote power on

Hi,

> Am Don, 2002-08-08 um 21.14 schrieb Stefan Schluenss:
> > Hi,

> be a
> > >
> > > Just today I have added an RGB switch for selecting the DVB RGB
> outputs
> > > or the VGA RGB outputs. For testing, this is just made by using 4 reed
> > > relays (RGB plus sync), but I probably will setup something with a
> MAXIM
> > > RGB multiplexer chip.
> > I'm also thought about such an electronic multiplexer. Additionally it
> should
> > have the ability to drive the video and audio signals over a CAT5 cable.
>
> Are you sure this works? I used a free 8-wire Cat5-line in our network
> (about 15 meter) for SVHS, SPDIF and IR on Jumper2 of the DVB-S Rev.
> 1.3, but the signal was so weak I only got a distorted black&white
> picture but no SPDIF or LIRC.
>
> Maybe I did something wrong with the cabling, but did you test such a
> setup?
I'm quite sure but you have to convert the signal from asymetrical to
symetrical type (twisted pair). Therefor you need a twisted pair line driver and a
receiver circuit on the tv side. This should assure high quality signal
distribution because then (and only then) the signals are conditioned for this
cable type and any noise would be eliminated on the receiver side because both
wires would be affected by the noise.
On the other side such a solution has the following drawbacks:
- Circuits not cheap (for every signal you need one driver/receiver
combination)
- Power supply at the tv side needed

Greetings
Stefan.

> Rene
>
> > The 4 cable pairs  would allow to distribute SVHS-Signals together with
> the
> > Audio-Signals over more than 100 m. Unfortunately RGB with audio
> wouldn't
> > fit, so two CAT5 cable must be used.
> > Is there any interest in such a hardware project ? (Until now it has
> very low
> > priority for me)
> >

> > > Now I can toggle between the normal DVB output and a LINUX text
> console
> > > (timings of the VGA graphics adjusted with SVGAText) by just pressing
> > > key on my remote.
> > >
> > > You can, of course, use this output for switching anything else. There
> > > are even 3 more i/o pins left (reserved for ICSP, but if they are
> > > isolated by a 10k resistor to a driver or whatever, this would be OK).
> > > The second (ICSP) 10pin-connector on the PCB carries all these i/o
> pins,
> > > so a flat ribbon cable can be used to connect the IR Controller with
> an
> > > extension board.
> > >
> > > Using 2 or 3 of the i/os, even 4 resp. 8 switches could be set up by a
> > > simple binary decoder. Or anything else by using a serial protocol ...
> > >
> > > The code changes for my DVB/VGA swich are very simple. I will upload
> > > this version tomorrow. In this simple version the key assignment must
> be
> > > hard coded before flashing the PIC.
> > >
> > > I use a special lircd.conf containing all possible RC5 codes, and with
> > > LIRC's irw you can find out the code (address and command) of the
> > > desired remote key.
> > >
> > > Thomas

http://www.gmx.net

Home | Main Index | Thread Index