[vdr] mplayer.sh PAL and NTSC->solution?

Looking for a good mplayer.sh, I just tried yesterday the one located here:
http://ma.hoff.bei.t-online.de/
(I am not sure who is the author, anyway, thank you!)
Trying to play a bit with it, I was having problem with DivX downloaded on
the internet and encoded at 29.97 fps (NTSC frame rate).
The replay was choppy with the mplayer.sh I was using (It has always been
the case with the very simple mplayer.sh.example provided by default
anyway).
...until I understood MPlayer's manual :) which clearly state that if you
choose a vertical res of 240 or 480, the video will be NTSC and if you
choose a vertical res of 288 or 576, the video will be PAL.
So, I changed mplayer.sh script in function getvidxy () to add:
--------------------------
TEMP4=${TEMP2[4]}
debugvar "TEMP4" $TEMP4
if test $TEMP4 == "25.00"; then MYHEIGHT=$((288)); else MYHEIGHT=$((240));
fi
debugvar "MYHEIGHT" $MYHEIGHT
--------------------------
I replaced all occurences of 576 in mplayer.sh with '$MYHEIGHT'
--------------------------
and later in the file, I use:
    CMDLINE="$MPLAYER -idx -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes -afm 9 -vop
$VOP,expand=$NEW_X:$MYHEIGHT,scale=$NEW_X:$NEW_Y $FDSTR $CACHESTR $LIRCSTR
$USERDEF"
(videos with 576 or 480 vert res are not so smooth on my PC, so I changed by
to lower res, but this is not really an issue as far as quality goes).
Note also the -idx option to be able to FFWND/FRWND any divx file (but for a
2 hours divx on CD, this might take 2/3 minutes before actually playing).

I can now play all PAL/NTSC divx smoothly on my PIII667.

Anyone else with ideas to optimize mplayer.sh?

Olivier.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index