[vdr] Re: mplayer.sh PAL and NTSC->solution?

Olivier JACQUES wrote:
> Looking for a good mplayer.sh, I just tried yesterday the one located here:
> http://ma.hoff.bei.t-online.de/
> (I am not sure who is the author, anyway, thank you!)
> Trying to play a bit with it, I was having problem with DivX downloaded on
> the internet and encoded at 29.97 fps (NTSC frame rate).
> The replay was choppy with the mplayer.sh I was using (It has always been
> the case with the very simple mplayer.sh.example provided by default
> anyway).
> ...until I understood MPlayer's manual :) which clearly state that if you
> choose a vertical res of 240 or 480, the video will be NTSC and if you
> choose a vertical res of 288 or 576, the video will be PAL.
> So, I changed mplayer.sh script in function getvidxy () to add:

Very cool! I was looking for something like this but didn't had the time
to do it myself yet.
Thanks a lot!

> I can now play all PAL/NTSC divx smoothly on my PIII667.
>
> Anyone else with ideas to optimize mplayer.sh?

I have a small addition at home, that looks for a line beginning with
"vo:" if doesn't find one with "VIDEO:" to parse the resolution. This
way I could play some more files than without this change (notably
RealVideo files).

I can post it tonight if there is interest.

Cheers,
Juri

     then each of us still has one object.
     then each of us now has two ideas.