[vdr] Re: Set Top Box

Am Freitag, 9. August 2002 12:29 schrieben Sie:
> >>Options for Set Top Box:
> >>Sigma MPEG-4 (EM8471)       $75.00
> >
> > This card is able to decode Divx???
> > Linux drivers?
> > VDR support?
> > Mplayer support?
> >
> > Where ti buy it?
>
> Look at: http://www.sigmadesigns.com/products/xcard.htm
>
> and if you l ook to the Specs:
>
> Microsoft® Windows® 98SE, Me, 2000 or XP operating system
>
> So i think this card is too new and there is no Driver for
> Linux availible at all.

and they are very restricted to linux-developer as I heard. AFAIK it takes
more than 2 years to get the dxr3 work, so it seems to be win-only

> But i agree with you - this card is a nice thing.

Computer are like air conditioners: They stop working properly if you open
windows!
-------------------             http://ixi.thepenguin.de