[vdr] Re: Set Top Box

> Am Freitag, 9. August 2002 12:29 schrieben Sie:

> > So i think this card is too new and there is no Driver for
> > Linux availible at all.
> >
> and they are very restricted to linux-developer as I heard. AFAIK it take
> more than 2 years to get the dxr3 work, so it seems to be win-only

From
http://www.sigmadesigns.com/products/em8470series.htm

The chip we originally talked about is a decoder on the Allwell box.
It uses the EM8471 chip, which is not very featurefull, btw:

EM8400
Pin  Compatible
yes

Macrovision
no

Dolby Digital
yes

Local Bus
no

A/V Input Port
no

Analog YPbPr/RGB outputs
no

----- start quote

Key Features:
  o Compatible with MPEG-4 client players from Envivio and iVAST and a wide
variety of MPEG-2 video servers
  o Streaming formats: ISMA and MPEG-2
  o Media formats: DVD-Video, SuperbitTM DVD, SVCD, VCD, CD-DA, CD-ROM
  o Video decoding: MPEG-1, MPEG-2 MP@ML, MPEG-4 advanced simple profile
Level 5*
  o Audio decoding: Dolby® Digital (down-mixed to 2 channels), MPEG-1 Layers
1 and 2, MPEG-4 high quality profile Level 2, linear PCM (Dolby Digital 5.1
and DTS® passthrough onto S/PDIF)
  o Interlaced or progressive analog and digital video outputs
  o Video scaling up to 1920x1080
  o OSD with flicker filtering
  o Flexible PCI host interface
  o Flexible Local Bus interface
  o Pin and functionally compatible with EM8400 (EM8470 and EM8471 only)
  o Windows® XP Embedded, Windows CE .NET and Linux OS

    * without 1/4 pixel and global motion compensation

----- end quote

As you can see, even the manufacturer has announced LinuxOS support !

Wow !

--
Bye, Andreas

http://www.gmx.net