[vdr] Re: Set Top Box

> Look at: http://www.sigmadesigns.com/products/xcard.htm

This is not the card Allwell is offering !

In the Allwell pricelist only the chipset was named. They have their
own decoder cards, as far as I understood they mount these chips
onto PCI riser cards ! Sometimes I remember having read something
like this:

Now, since Allwell ships its boxes with Linux and some proprietary
middleware
running on it it is all semi-closed. They require the middlewares video
server
and such. However, this means, there has been written a Linux driver for
this
chip. Some hope maybe.

> Microsoft® Windows® 98SE, Me, 2000 or XP operating system

That are the specs of the X-Card, not the EM8470 series of chips.

But then - one could order such an Allwell box with the MPEG4 decoder
optionm,
and would get at least a binary driver module. In order to use it for own
projects or VDR integration...I don't know.

--
Bye, Andreas

http://www.gmx.net

Home | Main Index | Thread Index