[vdr] Re: AW: Re: DVD on USB 2

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 01:42:16PM +0200, Tilo Renkl (tilo@diredare.de) wrote:

> The device to handle this DVD is /dev/sr0, and thats afaik a SCSI device.
> I can mount CDs and even DVDs and I can read and copy anything on it.
> The kernel modules are afaik native SCSI support, SCSI CD-support and
> USB Mass-storage support.

> It seems to me that native access to DVD is no problem, but libdvdcss and
> libdvdread want to access the DVD in a specific "hardware" way.
> I tried to find any other device that works, but I was not sucessfull :-((

They are just using the uniform kernel cd driver (as other applications).

Maybe the DVD ioctls are missing in the USB abstraction level and the SCSI
cd and the uniform cd drviver are not able to call them.

Bye... Szymon.
--
Szymon Polom				       GPG Key-ID: E6EA36F2
convergence GmbH                          http://www.convergence.de

Home | Main Index | Thread Index