[vdr] Re: Do we need an external watchdog?

> Would we have to cover not only the vdr main loop
> but also all threads - in case the main loop is
> still working but a thread (for example a recording
> thread) hangs?

In my (humble) opinion a hanging thread is the only valid reason to restart,
because when the main thread hangs I will notice that and restart VDR "manually"
   (I have my own key on the remote control for that case, which works via irexec).
Also VDR should not restart when a recording is running !
--
Helmut Auer, helmut@helmutauer.de

Home | Main Index | Thread Index