[vdr] Re: VDR and DVD-R

On Monday 19 August 2002 10:34, Weidner, Frank wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem with my created DVD-R. I record Star Wars and burned it on
> DVD-R with AC-3. This disc work fine in all tested standalone players (3
> different players). Now, I want to watch the film with my vdr, and it
> doesn't works. I also tried to mount the DVD-R but no change. Is there a
> Linux or VDR problem ?

Recently, I found out that some DVD authoring tools use some on disc
constructs that crash the navigation engine. To get some detailed information
on whats going on change the Makefile and add a "DEFINES  += -DVMDEBUG"
just after "DEFINES  += -DDVDSUPPORT". It should read then:

ifdef DVD
DEFINES  += -DDVDSUPPORT
DEFINES  += -DVMDEBUG
DEFINES  += -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE # needed by libdvdread
SHLIBS   += -ldvdread
OBJS     += dvd.o decoder.o vm.o vmcmd.o
endif

Andreas
--
Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de>
Student of computer science

"In accordance with plans for Linux OS world domination
      infiltration of governments is vital (:-))."

Home | Main Index | Thread Index