[vdr] Re: Tool to display signal quality?

Alessio Sangalli wrote:

> Martin Neuditschko wrote:
>
> > Download the newstruct dirvers and take a look at DVB/apps/scap.
> > There is a tool called czap. It outputs every second the new
> > signal strength, bit error rate, SNR and some other things.
>
> is VDR ready to use NEWSTRUCT drivers? if yes I'll change the tech patch
> to work with it; as driver developers said already few months ago, in
> the newstruct drivers the signal quality calls are much improved.

I believe vdr 1.0 is not and in vdr 1.1 NEWSTRUCT is optional.
So I guess the patch for vdr 1.0 should stay as it is and a
possible plugin for vdr 1.1 should work with both old and new
drivers, like vdr 1.1 itself.

I have not personally tried the NEWSTRUCT drivers.
Are they anywhere near ready for productive use?

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index