[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.1.7

Joerg Riechardt wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> > Joerg Riechardt wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello Klaus,
> > > I really like vdr and appreciate the work you put in it, so this shall express a wish
> > > I have,
> > > and is not meant as a demand.
> > > What I miss most in this version for every day use, is the remote control.
> > > I don't have a RCU, and lirc doesn't work any more.
> > > Oh I forgot to say that I use the NEWSTRUCT branch of the driver.
> > > I just tried, with some help from Holger, the new input system,
> > > and he said it would be rather easy, to implement that in vdr.
> > > The most important things are in the new evtest.c.
> > > So only a wish ...
> > > Jörg
> >
> > I'm afraid that will have to be done by somebody else, since I don't
> > use LIRC.
> >
> > Klaus
>
> Well, I want to say some more about using a remote control with the
> NEWSTRUCT driver.
> Lirc is not used any more by the NEWSTRUCT driver, instead there
> are now input events generated, that fall out of /dev/input/eventX.
> A keymap for the remote control has to be loaded.
> It can be tested with evtest.
> More is written in the README in DVB/apps/av7110_loadkeys/.
> But as long as there is no input modul for VDR, IR receivers
> connected to the DVBs card or CI can't be used.
>
> Jörg

I am going to rewrite the current input stuff (RCU, LIRC, keyboard)
and make it more general, so that any device can provide user input.
While doing so I'll take a look into the /dev/input/eventX stuff.
However, I won't be able to do this today...

@Holger Wächtler: I can't seem to find the evtest.c example in my
copy of the NEWSTRUCT driver. Could it be that this is not checked in to
the CVS? There is no DVB/apps/av7110_loadkeys directory at all...

Klaus