[vdr] Re: memory leak?

gfiala@s.netic.de(Guido Fiala)  25.08.02 13:31

Once upon a time Guido Fiala shaped the electrons to say...

>On Sunday, 25. August 2002 13:08, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>> Guido Fiala wrote:
>>> Has someone experienced the same - after some time of operation and
>>> some recordings vdr showed up as 55MBytes of virtual memory?
>>>
>>> Normally it has only 8MB.

top shows me 0.8% of 383M = 3MB for the top vdr process.

>> Is that with the plain vanilla VDR, or with any patches?
>> I've never observed that here.

>With version 1.0.3 and single-cable-2-cards-patch.
>It seems as if the vm-size increases every time you start a timer but
>does'nt decrease on end of that recording.
>Same applies for VmRss but only a few kb.

>Can someone else verify too?

After 4 quick red-record-start and stop the Memory was going from
0.8 to 1.0%
While recording it's 1.3%
But it seems not to increase any further.

VDR version 1.0.4 AIO1408
gcc 2.95.4

Rainer

Home | Main Index | Thread Index