[vdr] Re: OT: Promise PDC20276 Controller and Linux ?

At 17:09 25.08.2002, you wrote:
>Axel Gruber schrieb:
>

>[...]
>>Now the new Mainboard have a Promise UDMA133 Controller onbaord with the
>>Promise
>>Chip: PDC20276.
>>This Controller is not supported from SUSE 7.3 and also not from SUSE 8.0.
>>Does anyone have a idea what can i do to use this Controller with my
>>Current installation ?
I never got this controller running under LInux /Suse. The best I got, was
a Raid-1 (configuredvia controller bios, which was killed after the Linux
insallation, because Linux handled the disks as 2 singlerdives
I had ordered the macxhine especially for a Linux awebserver config and
after talking to the suppport lots of times, they gave up and sent me a
scsi machine w2 scsi drives and adaptec raid controller....

>http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.4/ChangeLog-2.4.19
>

>[...]
>
><marcelo@plucky.distro.conectiva> (02/03/22 1.220.1.24)
>         Add Promise 20276 to supported IDE controllers
>

>Alfred

Home | Main Index | Thread Index