[vdr] Re: OT: Promise PDC20276 Controller and Linux ?

Hi,

I don't know if my controller is the same (Gigabyte GA8-IRXP onboard) but I
also
had some trouble getting the onboard raid controller running.

Finally I made it with the Promise driver from

http://www.promise.com/support/suse2_eng.asp?mode=linux_download&product_id=
88

and it works fine with SuSE 8.0 Kernel 2.4.18-4GB now.

The enclosed readme file says:

[extract from readme.txt]

1.1 Foreword
    This driver diskette should be used with all Promise FastTrak Series
    TX & LP cards and onboard chipsets running SuSE Linux 8.0
    Do NOT use this diskette for other versions of Linux for FastTrak
support.

1.2 Support List
    PDC20262	FastTrak66
    PDC20265R	FastTrak100 Lite
    PDC20267	FastTrak100
    PDC20270	FastTrak LP/TX2/TX4
    PDC20271	FastTrak TX2000
    PDC20276	MBFastTrak133 Lite
    PDC20277	SBFastTrak133 Lite
    with
    SuSE 8.0	(kernel 2.4.18)
    SuSE 8.0SMP	(kernel 2.4.18-SMP)

1.3 Linux kernel 2.4.x ATA issue on FastTrak Series
    Linux Kernels 2.4.x misidentifies PDC20262/PDC20265/PDC20270/PDC20271
    (FastTrak 66/FastTrak 100 Lite motherboard-embedded
solution/FastTrak100TX2)
    cards and/or chips as simple IDE controllers. This results in the
built-in
    Linux IDE driver trying to handle the controller and can prevent the
proper
    FastTrak ATA RAID driver to be loaded. Follow the installation
instructions
    AND the parameter commands referred to in the Notes section.

[end of readme]

So it should also work with your controller, mine is either a PDC20276 or a
PDC20271.

I first had to disable the original PDC202xx driver from SuSE to be able to
use
the module supported by Promise.

Hope that helps...

Let me know if you need any more details...

Cheers

André

Home | Main Index | Thread Index