[vdr] Re: mplayer....

Hi Karsten & Toni (and everyone else who is interested),

> I only get that error message on using mplayer, if my primary
> DVB card is NOT set to card 1... Maybe it's the same for you ?

> @Developer: Is this normal behaviour and intended ?

>> i always compiled mplayer from the aio patches in but never used it
>> before..... yesterday i wanted to use it ..... from inside vdr.... an
>> error message occurs dvb device or resource busy.....  (newest aio
>> 14.08)
>> who can help?

The solution is really quite simple: Every DVB-card has some associated
entries in /dev, I think the script that comes with the drivers creates
entries for three cards (0 through 2), there are also some symbolic links
(without numbers) that usually point to the /dev-entries ending on "0"
(zero).

You will need to change those so they point to the device nodes of the DVB
card you want mplayer to use.

So, this "problem" is an issue of mplayer alone, not of VDR and not of the
patch. There might be an option to point mplayer to the desired device
nodes, but if there is I was unable to find it in the mplayer docs (which
are in places a bit messy.)

Regards,,
Eike
--