[vdr] Re: Speicherzugriffsfehler

>>Hi,
>>
>>when I play the DVD "Herr der Ringe" I encounter the following problem
>>(haven't tested it with many other DVDs):
>>

>Hi,
>
>same problem here. Same kernel :-/
>
>Andreas Schultz promised to have a look already on the DVD (Enya title).
>He also posted instructions for reporting DVD problems. Title:
>"HOWTO: debug dvd problems" from 19.8.
>
>Would it be worthwile to collect DVD problems (to avoid buy&crash) ?
>
>My known problems:
>
>  o Patterson & Findus : Crashes in Menu, DVD unviewable
>  o Herr der Ringe:
>       - Often crashes in menu
>       - 1 play try out of 5 successful
>       - Enya title does not play (blocking artefacts, stuttering)

Hi Thomas,

the problems you mentioned EXACTLY match with the problems I
experienced! Since I use DVDCSS_VERBOSE=2, however, I could achieve that
the DVD plays nearly always, you just have to wait a moment (seems to be
difficult to decrypt). Sometimes the Enya track plays, too. I  have the
impression that the menu crashes have decreased, too.
But the long interruptions are not very pleasant, honestly.

I want to add another bug concerning libdvdnav:

-The leaves you see left and right of the menu lines are too high
("wrong y-position").

Greetings

Matthias

Home | Main Index | Thread Index