[vdr] Doc on developer versions of VDR?

Hello listusers!

Just subscribed, so don't mind me asking questions probably already
discussed here...

Last week I tried to get vdr-1.0.4 running without luck. So I switched to
the developer version 1.1.7 (now I have 1.1.8 since yesterday evening). It
worked out of the box for me, the only change I did was to adjust the
video directory path in a file (videodir.c:21:const char *VideoDirectory =
"/video"; - the VIDEODIR variable in Makefile seems only to be used for
installation).

The problem is, that I don't have an idea on how to get TELETEXT access
and DVD and MP3 playback working with that. The difference between 1.0.x
and 1.1.x seems to be, that the latter one has a plugin interface, so this
seems to be the right way to manage such things. OTOH, there seem to be
some patches for what I intended against 1.0.x sources, but they don't
apply to 1.1.x.

So could you please let me know if there is a simple way to succeed, or a
docu on 1.1.x beside the source at all?

Thanks a lot.
Eckard
--
Eckard Brauer, Support Engineer, Intershop Communications GmbH,
smail: Intershop Tower, 07740 Jena, Germany

Home | Main Index | Thread Index