[vdr] Re: LCD-Display

Matthias Fechner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i want to buy a lcd-display for my vdr-recorder.
> Here i have some questions:
> - i need a cable with a length of 5 meter, is the a problem with the
> display?

look at http://lcdproc.org/ or http://sourceforge.net/projects/lcdproc/
to see what types of displays are supported by lcdproc.
5m might be a problem for some displays (depending on model and wiring).

> - is the display beackground-lighted? and how long(only light if i
> switch something on the remotecontrol or permanent)?

currently there is no backlight support
(in my case it's allways on) but I'm planning to change that
in future releases of the lcd-plugin.

Martin

========== mailto:martin@hammerschmid.com ==========
=RSA-PGP-Key ID:0x81783FE7 DH-PGP-Key ID:0x6B66589A=

When in doubt, think.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index