[vdr] Re: LCD-Display

Hello Matthias,

Tuesday, August 27, 2002, 3:04:32 PM, you wrote:

MF> - i need a cable with a length of 5 meter, is the a problem with the
MF> display?

Definitely yes. The inputs of the LCD are having a very low input
current. It is unlikely that it will work without any current flowing
through the wires. The long high impedance wires will pickup every
noise and the display will be disturbed at least. You can simply try
to use a resistor array at the receiver side (10k may be ok). The
driving centronics port will supply the needed current easily.

www.conrad.de

--
Best regards,
 Michael                            mailto:Michael.S.Schumacher@gmx.de