[vdr] Re: wrong entry in EPG

On Thursday 29 August 2002 10:51, Christian Schuld wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thursday 29 August 2002 06:19, you wrote:
> [..]
> > Therefore, we have to use some additional info to separate these
> > EPG data. Any suggestions?
>
> Apparently on allmost any other satellites service_ids are not
> unique. So i suggest to use the
> a.) DiSEqC number
> b.) Transponder
> c.) service_id (aka ProgramID)
> to uniquely identify a program.

Of course, that could be done, but then you have to tune to each
transponder to get EPG data for a given transponder.
That's not optimal because service providers often use more than one
transponder. On each transponder EPG data for all channels of the
bouquet is transmitted. We need something like a unique provider id.

Oliver

Home | Main Index | Thread Index