[vdr] Re: Processing streams in plugins?

Am Freitag, 30. August 2002 20:36 schrieben Sie:
> On Friday 30 August 2002 19:56, Steffen Barszus wrote:

> > > Unfortunately, the driver does not support recording and playing at
> > > the same time using only one card. Therfore, timeshifting with one
> > > card is not possible.
>
> First of all, we are talking about a full-featured card like the DVB-S,
> right?
>
> > Is there a hope the driver will provide this ?
>
> I don't think so but I'm not a driver developer. It's my personal
> opinion after reading the driver mailing list for some time and looking
> into that part of the driver sources which is available to the public.
> The problem is the firmware of the ARM processor which is closed
> source, so only the guys at Convergence can change it.
>
> Perhaps you should ask this question in the driver mailing list.
>
> > I know some software
> > under Win can do that ( I think Multidec is able to do that  ?) so
> > the card must be able to do so ...
>
> I don't think that *any* existing software can do timeshifting with a
> single card (AFAIK all sw is based on the linux driver, more or less).
> What could be done is recording from the DVB card and implementing
> timeshift using the PC monitor as the output device. The monitor uses
> the grafic card, so the DVB is used for recording (but _not_ for
> playing).
>
> Oliver

Yes sounds reasonable, never thought about that .... Otherwise it would mean,
that if a ati/matrox-card  could be used as main display, there is the
possibility to have timeshifting ... just some thoughts sorry you are right

Greets and have a nice weekend

Steffen
-------Computer are like air conditioners:------------
-They stop working properly if you open windows!--